Prairie Park Tournament Mar. 6
Team tournament Flier Here
Participating in Tournaments
Play in two tournaments before State
- Go to KSCA Schedule and Registration
- Find the tournament you want to enter and click register.
- Arrive 30 min before the scheduled time.
Check often 🙂
Registration: Friday by 9 PM.
Start: Start at 9:00,
Instructions at https://sites.google.com/view/ksca-online-tournaments/home
Note: Follow instructions carefully!!
Team tournament with K-3, $-5, 6-8, and 9-12 sections.
Note last tournament before State: Assigned round times with breaks between rounds for early finishers. Great practice for State.
Kansas State Chess Championships
Sunday by Noon, 12:00 pm
Follow registration instructions carefully.
Read Quick Facts for State below
No classes this week!!
Login: 7:05 pm- 7:15 pm
Note: No lessons this week Play Chess Games!
This form must be filled out if your child plans on playing in a tournament, fill it out well in advance of your first tournament so that your child can be included in the Chess.com KSCA club. Only club members can sign up for these tournaments. Check each week for how to register. Your school code is NYES for New York and RATR for Raintree.
In order to play in the online KSCA tournaments this year, your child will need to have a Chess.com account. You do NOT need a paid account, however, if you can afford $29 for the year, you can have the benefits of a paid account for the calendar year.
You do need to join the KSCA Online Club prior to the day of the first tournament you play in. You request a membership on Chess.com, and it will be approved.
Online tournaments will follow the same format as all KSCA tournaments, 6 games, 30 minutes on the clock for each player. Check for registration deadlines, fees, and round times each week and expect that state will require attending two tournaments and preregistration a week in advance.
Quick Facts for State
- You must have played in two tournament this year with at least 4 games played in each tournament to qualify. Only assigned byes count
- State will be on-line on March 13th
- Registration deadline is March 7th at 12:00 noon. Do not procrastinate, it makes lots more work for your coach and the organizers of the tournament to “fix” problems.
- There is no fee for registration this year, however, there will be trophies and medals, so donations are welcome to help fund the tournament. Feel free to not donate if this has been a tough year for you, and please donate if you have been blessed financially.
For complete, detailed information, go to